Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Slugs


The Slugs I Love

Today we went to see Flushed Away, which was very entertaining. I must say my favourite characters were the slugs. Although they seem to only have cameo roles they are integral to the soundtrack and sound effects of the movie.

There was actually not much toilet humour in it, but Liam's favourite part was "when Roddy kept getting wedgies" - he was actually having his privates injured.

Unlike Happy Feet, this movie was not boring, tedious, or terrifying. During both movies, Liam leapt out of his seat and screamed, the difference being that in Happy Feet he was terrified of an attacking seal, and in Flushed Away he was yelling "Woohoooooooooo!" because it was exciting and adventurous.

I also spotted a mistake right at the start, right after the little girl filled the cage with too much food.


The Possible Slugs I Possibly Don't Love So Much

I had a message from Jetstar saying "Please call, your flight home from Darwin has changed". I'd had a similar message from Virgin Blue saying my flight to Darwin had changed, and all that had happened was it was leaving 20 minutes earlier, so I wasn't too worried. Here is my conversation with the Jetstar man. I don't know his name so I shall call him Richard, or DICK for short. Bearing in mind, I had booked a 6.50pm flight.

Me: Hello, I'm just returning your call. Apparently my flight has changed.
Dick: Ok, let me have a look...... ah, yes, that flight is now leaving at 3am.
Me: YOU ARE JOKING!! I will have two kids with me and we are not leaving at 3am. You'll have to refund the payment.
Dick: OK, $597.
Me: No, $603.
Dick: There was a $6 credit card fee.
Me: That's right, and you'll be refunding it. You cancelled the flight, not me.
Dick: OK. $603. That'll take 7-8 weeks to come through.
Me: Excuse me? It will not. I didn't have 8 weeks to pay for the flight and it doesn't work in reverse. I need the money refunded now so I can book other flights, or Jetstar will have extra accommodation to pay for.
Dick: OK I will fast track the payment, you will have it within a week.
Me: Thank you. May I ask why the flight was cancelled?
Dick: Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.. I don't know really... safety reasons...
Me: It certainly will be safer with no passengers.
Dick: Hangs up!.

Then I called the call centre supervisor and suggested that call centre employees should perhaps not hang up on customers. The customer is always right. Especially if the customer is me.

Then I rebooked my flight with Virgin Blue. It cost a bit more but suits me better for two reasons - one; Virgin Blue will credit 5% of the cost of airfares to my Virgin Mobile phone account; and two; Jetstar have enabled me to keep the promise I made myself not to ever fly with them. Oh, and the flight leaves at a slightly more decent hour.

The Chefs

I thought I might be too tired to cook and started suggesting cartoon characters who might be able to make tea. But the boys said all those people are imaginary. So I thought maybe the boys could make tea. Liam thought he couldn't and EJ thought he could. "OK EJ, what will we have?"

"Ummmmmm.... carrots! And............. peas! And............. meat! And.................... potato! And .............. one more fing......... apple!". I was impressed that he picked healthy things.

So I peeled the veggies (and fruit) and the boys cut them into pieces using a crinkle cutter and put them either in the saucepan or on the plates, while I cooked the meat. They decided this was a restaurant and they were waiters, and as such had to use manners!! AND they ate most of their tea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home