Friday, December 29, 2006

A scroller, but read right to the end - or at least look at the pictures!

Erin and Peter and family arrived on the 23rd and on the 24th we went to Port Adelaide. We (well, Erin and I :oP ) wanted to do two things there that only operate on Sundays: the markets and the dolphin cruise. After a look in the markets we walked halfway across the bridge and back, when I saw this sign on a cable box:


It was very hard to read in the photo due to glare, and still isn't clear after reducing brightness to 0% and increasing contrast to 98%. It says "Men Link Behind" - ok, but I'm not sure why we need to know that. Maybe so we don't inadvertently look behind the cable box.

My kids, neices and brother-in-law playing on the anchor at the end of the bridge (but thankfully not behind the cable box):


Here's almost everyone on the Dolphin Cruiser. They are the only wild dolphins in the world that live in a city.

Father Christmas left a good stash that night for the boys to find in the morning:


This is the Star Wars Lego Wookie Catamaran which I gave the boys. It's very cool; it came with that second ship with the two stormtroopers, and three other characters, one of whom has a light-up light saber! It has trapdoors that open to drop bombs and a launching missile. Liam is very good at Lego regardless of the age on the box, and built this almost entirely by himself:


I was kicking myself at the family Christmas celebration for not having my camera! I later found that I hadn't forgotten it, it had fallen out of my bag in the car. I will post more on Christmas when I steal photos from other people!

On the 28th, the boys finally got to try their new bikes. Liam loved it and zoomed around making all sorts of sound effects and "WOO HOO!"s. Ethan found it hard work since he couldn't bring his pillow with him, and once after the bike tipped him off, he dropped it when trying to pick it up. He said "I didn't do it, the bike did it!" .... Calvin ....



Another Ethanism from shopping that day:
Me: "Let's go to Billy Baxter's (cafe) and see if they have a free table so we can get ice cream."
EJ: "Or a four table or a five table."

Me: "You're funny EJ!"
EJ: "It wasn't supposed to be funny." (glares)

Me: "No of course not, I know exactly what you mean."

And here we are on tonight, the second thundery night in a row (You might have noticed the unseasonable clothes in the photos). After the boys were in bed, I took some photos of the amazing colours of a thunderstorm rolling in at sunset. These photos face north/north-east so the sunset is behind me.



Finally, I put the camera on high speed and shot off photo after photo. I guess I took about 60 and deleted almost all of them until I caught the shot I wanted:

2 Comments:

Blogger DadB said...

EJ is right, usually a two table or a four table is appropriate.
That's an amazing lightning pic!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I have checked and I think the "fireball" at the bottom is a streetlight, which is actually closer than the lightning strike and probably wasn't actually hit.

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home