Sunday, October 28, 2007

Air Show

On Sunday the boys, dad and I went to the Defence Air Show. It was veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry windy and I hate wind (and rain) but apart from that it was good.

The Roulettes were up just as we arrived so we saw them but I didn't get any photos of them. EJ momentarily morphed into Dr Seuss and announced that the Roulettes "don't crash, or bash, or have a moustache". Later we got their leaflet and found that he's right, none of them has a moustache!

This one is taken from inside Connie:



Here's a F111 (I have had to zoom and crop these but I think I did well to even catch him!):




I'd like to say this is Liam being excited (it is the kind of reaction he had when the F111 dropped a "bomb"), but he's actually laughing at the flags flapping in the wind!


Hercules (not usually used for aerobatics but sometimes makes an exception for special occasions...):


We had a look in the Dehavilland Caribou:



... during which a bunch of FA-18s flew directly over us and very low, and nearly scared EJ out of skin because it was LOUD and he couldn't see what it was (because he and Liam were just inside the Caribou). I was just outside, still on the ramp, so I caught them:


Here's Mr F111 again but this time he's moving. Please excuse the distance!




Oops, it's not distance, it's just a tiny plane. I'm surprised the man in that video doesn't have a headache after it flew in one ear and out the other!!


Here are the boys looking up someone's nose (Lockheed Hudson) because they have windows there:



For a more knowledgeable description of events, you might like to click on Dad's blog. He might even come along with some corrections for my blog. :o)

5 Comments:

Blogger DadB said...

Yes, yes I will!
Lockheed Hudson is the name you wanted. The fast jets that scare off pants are McDonnell-Douglas FA-18 Hornets.
Otherwise you get 9/10 for aircraft identification!
8-{)>

4:43 PM  
Blogger DadB said...

Oops, 8/10, the "bunch of F111s" are FA-18 Hornets. Stay behind and correct ur work!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

K I go correct now.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

The ones I already corrected?

They all look like planes to me...

4:49 PM  
Blogger DadB said...

i r in ur blog krekting ur planez
:D

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home