Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Mr Goofy Face and his brother, Mr Goofy Face



A few firsts...

  • Liam's first day of year two.
  • Liam's first day at a new school.
  • EJ's first day of Before School Care (so I could get Liam to the other school on time).

OK, you all have to remind me:
  • Liam has to wear his sport uniform on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
  • Liam and EJ both have library on Tuesday.
  • Liam has Show and Tell on... I don't know what day yet, but when I find out, I will need reminding!
  • And next term when EJ starts, he will have a Show and Tell day too.

Liam also has Chinese on Tuesdays but I don't need to be prepared for that. He is good at language(s) and I think he will catch up quite quickly with those who have already been learning Chinese. He also has a special interest in Chinese as he has a good friend who is Chinese and now expects to be able to have fluent Chinese conversations!

Liam was nervous about changing schools and missing his friends at the old school, but we collected lots of phone numbers at the end of last year and will try to keep in touch. He will also visit the old school this term when we drop off and pick up EJ.

We have a neighbour who also attends the new school. Last week we found out she is in Liam's class, and it was a relief for him to have a familiar face. Today we arrived to find they are sitting next to each other! I thought I'd better staple their mouths closed.

Liam's first day was busy and his teacher is lovely. There were no tears, although I thought there might be when Liam reminded me that he cried on his first ever day of school two years ago. He is impressed that there are two Liams and an Ethan in his class, as well as kids with the same names as his friends at the other school.

We also had a sneek peak in what will be EJ's class and his teacher seems lovely too.


(You may or may not notice the pic of Liam is edited. I removed the school logos from the uniform. Well, in the photo - they are actually still on the uniform!).

1 Comments:

Blogger Louise Burford said...

Aren't the boys growing up!!!?? Wow!!! :)

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home