Saturday, March 31, 2007

This one is for Erin :o)

Erin's Lucy "before" and "after":

Mum found her original sailor dress; we found her shoes; I added a ribbon, baby socks, nappy, and name bracelet. (Click to zoom in).






"Waif C":


This one was a challenge! I kept her for about a week deciding whether I'd bother with the make-over, as she was a helluva lot worse than described. The main problems, which I don't think I can fix, are a large hole in her hand and a wobbly head. Her hair has also been cut, she was filthy (including a large stain covering one whole ear), and there was a snip on her bottom.

I was worried she didn't have the trademark sticker on her butt, then I realised she's an Aussie (they don't have the sticker)! Her dreadlocked hair was actually a crimp, which only some of the Aussie dolls and no others have. I washed it and found that she has beautiful two-tone hair (I couldn't even see that before I washed her!), and a side part. She has the Aussie doll peach skin (the other dolls I have shown are US pale skin dolls). So far, she's coming up surprisingly well:I was going to put her in a Christening gown and call her Christianna but I don't think I will, the dress possibly being worth more than the doll. Mum thought Charlotte (the Harlot), and I thought (Feral) Cheryl, but she's not even looking that bad any more! So feel free to make a suggestion as I haven't really decided on a C-name yet. I might even keep her as a kind of trophy, having saved her from a trip to the dump or being used as spare parts for other dolls. I don't know that she's really worth selling if I describe her more honestly than her last seller did. But I'm still kinda proud of her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin (etc) said...

No offense, but she looks a little like someone I know :P I still think Christy/Chrissy suits her, or how about Caitlin or Chloe? Or just for fun...Cinnamon :D

2:25 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Teehee, but her eyes are green! I'm gonna get red streaks in my hair to match hers. Everybody loves frizzy blonde Aussies!

4:09 AM  
Blogger DadB said...

She's certainly a Cinderella. Or Cindy if you prefer!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home