Monday, March 19, 2007

Just stuff

Ooops

I was reading Liam's library book to the boys tonight. I was supposed to say "Mr Sullivan winked at his cat". WINKED!! NOT what I said!! I should have let Liam read it! Liam laughed because I laughed, but I like to think he doesn't know what we were laughing at.


Getting ready to go - school uniforms

I still have lots to do and most of it can't be done until the last minute. I know I will forget things!

But I do have to get the boys' winter uniforms before we go so they can wear them the day after we get back. Sounds easy, eh?

Well two different Big W stores (I kept an eye on them for a few weeks) have the right trousers (well, a cheaper but acceptable version) but not in the right size. Eventually I got a pair for Liam, although they need some altering (thanks mum!). The smallest size they are made in is a 4 and today I found a uniform shop that has them... and the 4 is HUGE!! So EJ can't have cheap imitation uniform, he needs the real trousers that start at size 2 and about $70. The lady at that uniform shop also runs the uniform shop at the school, and tells me the cheaper trousers will not be acceptable next year. Too bad that, since I just bought some for Liam. And she agreed! She runs two uniform shops and said her kids will be wearing the cheaper trousers until someone notices.

Next, we went to the second-hand uniform shop at the school. We got trousers for EJ, bigger sports shorts for Liam so he can give the smaller ones to EJ, one tie (they didn't have two), winter sports uniform top for Liam, a winter shirt each, and a jumper for EJ (Liam already has one). Seven second-hand items = $288! S'pose I can't complain. And I actually feel guilty, even at that price, that they will be wearing second-hand stuff. Even though it's in good condition and I soaked and washed it and noone will know except me.

I still need sports uniform pants for Liam, sports top and bottom for EJ, and one more tie. And maybe sports socks for EJ, but maybe noone will notice his socks under winter uniform and I can wait till summer. So it's off to the real uniform shop tomorrow. Eeek.


What I can complain about though....

Is that my ice cream was soft last night. Fine.

But...

...when I opened the freezer this morning a sheet of ice had defrosted itself from the top and fell out on me. Liam thought it was hilarious - "Whoaa!! The freezer attacked mum!!". Hmm, yes, wonderful; and the milk in the fridge didn't feel that cold either. Just what I wanted, to buy a new fridge/freezer right now. I moved all the freezer stuff into the deep freeze (I am so glad I bought that thing now!), except the icepacks which I put in the fridge to help it along until tomorrow when the repairman comes for a look.

After I washed the dishes tonight I thought I'd check whether I could freeze Liam's drink bottle for tomorrow, but there was water in the freezer now and the ice that was still there came out really easily, so I think that's a no. So I finished defrosting it before it flooded. I just hope the fridge survives long enough...

1 Comments:

Blogger DadB said...

You need a fridge with a built in clock. Then it may demonstrate better timing. :(

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home