Saturday, July 07, 2007

More Darwinning

We've been to Crocodylus Park with Victoria and her new baby Fern - click here to see it (the park!). They feed the crocs to make them jump and there are a few boat cruises elsewhere in NT that do similar. I got some pics of one of the lady crocs jumping which I will share along with my other pics when I get home. The boys held a baby croc and tickled its tummy but didn't poke it in the eye this time. When the keeper said "You will notice some of the crocs have their mouths open. They have very small brains, about the size of a 50 cent piece..." I thought he was going to say "They are just stupid and forget to close their mouths", but he then said they leave them open on purpose to cool their brains. :oP

The resort has a jumping pillow which makes the boys run and jump and flip for ages before they realise the exercise is wearing them out. They've also been making good use of the pools. I was going to make use of the internet cafe yesterday morning but it was broken. "Internet" = three computers on one modem, so if the modem breaks it's all gone. "Cafe" = I don't know what, there's certainly no caffeine of any kind in here, or any other food or drink. It's just a small, bare room.

Victoria and John's wedding was yesterday and I was the bridesmaid. :oD It was a nice casual ceremony followed by a meal in the restaurant. John was a bit under the weather by the end of it and kept making the same speech over and over, about how we all respect each other and are friends and he will take care of Vicky and Fern ... I was waiting for him to say "I love youse all"!

Between the ceremony and dinner we saw a lady wandering around. She was a lady who I met the day before and she lives near us in SA! She drove up the red centre to get here. However, everyone was now noticing her for the wrong reasons. She's an old English tart with bleached blonde hair and too much make up... wandering around in a bikini 3 sizes too small. Not only was she absolutely FLABulous, but she seemed to swinging two baseballs in socks, and the bikini bottom was so small she looked like a plumber from the back, and from the from we could see she's not a natural blonde. EEEWWWW!!!! I pretended not to see her because I would have been too embarrassed if she'd spoken to me and people thought I knew her.

On that appetising note, we're off to the pool now to see what else we can see. I haven't been in the water yet because it's FREEZING but that doesn't stop the boys.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin (etc) said...

LOL u crack me up! Didn't know youse was a bridesmaid :o Nice to see you're all having fun.

1:43 AM  
Blogger DadB said...

Hm, you seem to be having fun. A token acknowledgement of Steve Irwin when you mentioned babies and feeding crocs. Too much info about the big blonde...

7:56 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I would like to add that there were plenty of ladies bigger than this one, but they dressed more appropriately. Bathers are ok, but they have to at least attempt cover the privaties!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home