Monday, June 04, 2007

Dolly update

I think I haven't blogged any dolls since F (long-haired girl) and G (who was a boy).

~*~
Here is H. I forgot to take a "before" shot until she was in the bath. You can see a large stain on her left cheek. I thought Helen was a nice name for such a bright face because it means "bright one", but her face also made me think rose, so she's Helena Rose.




~*~
I received "I" today, as yet unnamed. She is in good condition but someone other than me has given her a very non-original make over. Her peach lips are now pink and somewhat pursed and the whites of her eyes seem to have been touched up with liquid paper. She has large eyebrows which seem to be a double line each. She has nice hair and a very nice hand made dress though. Unfortunately not an original (or replica of an original) one so she won't be wearing it long! No "after" pic yet".


~*~
I also received "J" today. She is an Aussie like C (Christy) who has the holey hand. I've taken a photo of "I's" leg and "J's" leg next to each other so you can see the Aussies are darker. "I" also needs a new ankle stitch.


Unfortunately J has some skin problems. Her nose is almost worn through and has pinhead sized holes; there's another worn spot on her left ear; and there's a small hole in the fabric at the top of her back seam. The only way to do a nose job is if you have a spare parts doll to donate skin for a transplant. However, she's an ultra long (hair) Aussie and I have an original Aussie outfit for her, so she should be valuable when fixed up. No "after" pics yet.



~*~
Don't panic, I'm sure I'll post "after" pics!

2 Comments:

Blogger DadB said...

Taking suggestions for names? :)
Irene (who featured in "Black Hawk Down")? Isidora, Ingrid, Inga, Indira, Joanne :) Jenny, Jophesine...
Isn't there some fabric repair liquid which would suit a nose job?

3:56 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Nope, I don't think it would hide nose holes. Maybe I'll just call them nostrils.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home