Saturday, December 08, 2007

One of today's little adventures


Today we finished Christmas shopping, had morning tea with Grandpa, lunch with Granny, and EJ went to a birthday party. After tea we went to the park.

EJ brought a ball to play soccer:



Then we all took turns at shooting goals. EJ -the shortest - was the first to get a goal! Liam got the most goals. I got the most entertaining goals (my best shots are the ones I shoot backwards over my head).



A rather tame lorikeet watched us while eating seeds from the weeds and dry grass. It let me get quite close for photos before flying away, and it came back again anyway.



We were under the flight path of some larger birds too.




Liam did his favourite trick on the swing. He calls it "kudos" because that's what he is supposed to get for doing it....




And then there's a Metoo:



When we got home, EJ carried the ball through the house. The lounge room was dark because I closed the blind this afternoon because the sun was shining directly in the window and reflecting off a glass table. EJ discovered the ball glows in the dark! We have three of these balls, made of the same stuff but different types of ball, and we have had them for a few years, and we have never noticed this before!


2 Comments:

Blogger DadB said...

I am sure that parrot was curious about people eating seeds ;)

I suspect you need to recharge your balls for some time in sunlight for the best glow. :D

7:13 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

That's everyone's excuse.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home