Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

Liam decorated these boiled eggs at school and I took a photo because we can't keep boiled eggs forever. They are coloured in with crayon and dipped in dye.



After much debating it was decided Liam and EJ would spend two days of the four-day weekend with me and two with their dad. EJ was sick (URTI) and stayed home from school on Thursday; into ER on Good Friday for dehydration, but it was only mild and they sent us home; Saturday he was still coughing continuously ... so I printed that Easter egg photo so Liam could make their dad a card, because we didn't get a chance to shop.

On Sunday the Easter Bunny and I provided a large lot of loot: eggs, ducks for Liam, cats for EJ, a toy car each and clothes.


Right after that photo was taken, Liam tripped over and got a bonus Easter egg on his head, then EJ decided breathing was not such a fun idea. So back to ER we go. Here is EJ with his oxygen mask and sensor (on his finger):


Several people have commented that I thought to bring my camera to hospital. In fact, it does usually live in my bag, but I didn't have it this time and I took that photo with my phone. The hospital was suitably impressed that I had done two of the three things they were going to do: Ventolin and Prednisolone. The third was oxygen. I can't really do that at home if people refuse to breathe the air provided. They also considered adrenaline.

Liam went with his dad just after 11 and I stayed in hospital with EJ all day, so that was Easter. He was disharged about 5pm bored to tears (literally!) and I still dropped him off at his dad's because he was asking to play X-Box. Sunday night and I hadn't started anything I had to do this weekend yet!

On Monday I made an Easter cake, and baked the cookies I make for the boys most weekends, and that night when the boys came home, Mum and Paul brought pizza over for tea. Dad, Uncle Martin and Rebecca came over and we finally had the family Easter we were going to have two days earlier.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home