Saturday, February 10, 2007

Makin' Memories :o)

On our one weekend a month we like to do stuff.

¨*:·..·:*¨

Both boys wandered in to my room early this morning so I asked if they'd like a snuggle.
EJ: Yes, because I'm sick.
Me: Why, what's wrong?
EJ: My heart is broken [physically, not a large disruption to his love life!].
Me: I don't think it is.
EJ: Yes it is.
Me: I think you're exaggerating, you only have a blocked nose.
EJ: Well.... my blood vessels are getting smaller and smaller.

Very funny (assuming he's wrong)!

¨*:·..·:*¨

Then the three of us were laying in bed.
EJ: Do you know what baby mouses are called?
Liam and I: *thinking* Ummmmmmm......
{Pause!}
EJ: Mice!!

DUH!

¨*:·..·:*¨

I went to get EJ's clothes out of his drawer, and lo and behold - a huntsman spider! Not a very large one, maybe 10cm, but I had to pull the drawer out to catch it. Liam looked and said "Oh! That's the one who left it's leg in my room!" and went to get the hairy spider leg he's been studying for a week! The poor spider had all 4 left legs but only one leg on the right, with three clearly visible empty leg sockets in front of it. Unfortunately I didn't think of taking a photo until I'd put it outside. I wonder if a family of 5 birds had a feast with one drumstick each. Liam looked at drumstick #6 under his microscope and says he saw cells moving.

¨*:·..·:*¨

Last week I had the boys on Saturday morning so we carefully chose a table at Billy Baxter's (with Grandpa B) so we could use our Foxtel remote to change channels on the Foxtel display! They had the movie channel on and we of course wanted cartoons, and more volume. The Foxtel man looked a bit confused that the channel kept changing itself. I didn't blog this top secret operation last week because it was... umm... secret.

But today it became less secret. A Foxtel man noticed the channel kept changing. We were probably not very subtle, particularly when Liam went to sit at the next table so he could change channels more easily! Mr Foxtel looked from the TV to Liam's table and grinned. "Did the other guy change the channel for you?".


A bit later Mr Foxtel went to change it back and the man (who we do know!) next to Liam called out "OI! We're watching that!", and Mr Foxtel kindly put the cartoons back on!

We also did some bargain hunting, birthday shopping, and lunch with Granny J.

¨*:·..·:*¨

The boys also had a ride, which I never waste my money on, so it was pretty special. I thought Liam might think himself too mature for such frivolities, but here he is riding a baby bumble bee with EJ!


¨*:·..·:*¨

Liam had three of his new friends from his new school come over this afternoon. He was feeling a bit lonely at school so I said find a couple of nice boys in your class, learn their names, and they can come over. They were all very well behaved and it was nice and warm and fuzzy to see them all playing so nicely for a few hours. Hopefully on Monday he will find them easier to approach and have someone to play with. It's going to be hard though, to keep up with new friends and old friends with only one Saturday a month.

¨*:·..·:*¨

After the friends left we ate chocolate (another special thing I rarely let them do, as I don't like the Tiggery side effects), then went to the playground to wear it off. The park used to have grass but the council doesn't water parks any more due to the drought. As a result, the grass has got up and left and the dirt is now doing the same. The frisbee stirred up a cloud of dust every time it landed. EJ tripped on a crack in the dirt about 2 inches wide and nearly fell in. But apart from that, we had a good time frisbeeing and playgrounding. And the boys have now gone to bed no probs at all, so I think we must have had a good day.

¨*:·..·:*¨

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean Burford said...

Haha, watching cartoons on the Foxtel TV is a great idea.

The pictures are cute.

It was a good idea to have Liam invite some friends over from his new school. It is a bit sad that he doesn't have much time to keep up with his old friends though.

8:31 AM  
Blogger DadB said...

I deny any knowledge of the alleged Foxtel incident until I speak with my lawyer! ;)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

We will try to keep up with the Old Skool friends. I collected lots of names and numbers at the end of last year. It's just finding time to use them!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home