Saturday, July 28, 2007

Life Cycles

This is my life for a week:

I got about a week's notice that we are moving next Thursday. I have to pack up a four bedroom/two bathroom/lounge AND family room house within a week, then fit it into a two bedroom cottage. I'm not feeling very hopeful about doing any of that. Good luck to me!

~*~


This is Liam and his chick egg from America (EJ has an alien egg which he hasn't hatched yet). The idea is to put it in water and it will hatch, and as long as it's in water, the chick will continue to grow. He opened it and promptly dropped it, and I'm not sure if it was the egg or his little pitty patty heart that I heard breaking as the egg hit the floor :o( . The chick was exposed and Liam cried a bit but we positioned it in the water so you can't tell the egg is broken on one side. Luckily, as the chick absorbed water and grew, it still "hatched" from what was left of the egg. Here are photos from days 1 to 5:

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin (etc) said...

Tough job...
And they didn't have any duck eggs? It looks sorta duck-like :P
I want 1!

4:36 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

They were banned in Australia for a while because they are dangerous if you eat them, but you can get them again now. Kmart etc I think.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home