Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pink and Blue - the lounge room

As promised, here is the start of my house blogging. I have posted this pic of the lounge room before.


I must say, I would never have chosen that pink colour for any walls, especially in a 140-year-old cottage, and especially with blue curtains. However, I must also say that I'm glad the owners did choose it; I love the way it ties everything together!

The wall and curtain colourings have turned out to be perfect for my stuff. The curtains match my couches and futon and the new rug from mum. The walls look great next to the timber on the coffee table and the games cabinet (which is supposed to be a video cabinet). This is it with my photos on top (it's behind me in the first photo so you can't see it):


This is the coffee table in the corner. My collection of pink and blue stuff which I happened to have before moving here matches perfectly.



This is the wall above the blue couch (the one with the tray table in front of it). The hooks were already in the wall and I'm not allowed to add more, not that I'd be enthusiastic about drilling 45cm thick stone anyway. Erin gave me the pics quite a while ago, well before I moved here anyway, and I had the candles in my previous bedroom. Again - pink and blue! The canvases manage to tie the furniture, curtains and walls together.



This is the mantlepiece which is behind the futon on the left. Sorry it's a dark photo! Chris gave me the little wall sign up the top, and I have a collection of other pinkish things along the mantle (angel from Sean and Louise, and dragon in the centre from mum, among other things). Again, all matching nicely. I put the map on the mantle rather than hanging it as it's heavy and I don't want it to fall down! The fireplace is sealed and unusable, which is good - less draughty, and I can store a box in it, hidden behind the futon!! (I'm running out of places to put things!).


I accidentally uploaded small pics and they take a long time so I can't be bothered redoing them, but you can click to enlarge them as always.

3 Comments:

Blogger DadB said...

When was the floor installed?? :)
The pink wall with the arched candle-holders looks a little Tex-Mex to me!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

These are the original 140-year-old floorboards. Only 2 rooms still have them.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

And I keep digging it up and then covering it again...

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home