Sunday, September 09, 2007

What's new, pussy cat?


OK, there are no cats in this post. Just things.

Last weekend we went to the Gawler Show, which was not very exciting from my point of view, but the boys liked the skate/bike demo and the CFS foam "demo". I thought "demos" were for looking at, but apparently they can also be got into. Silly me.





On Wednesday I went out to my birthday tea at the Louisiana Tavern with some friends from Uni and family. Meals were good (except they had roo and no grits, I think they might have gone a bit too far south!), company was good :o). It was nice to get out with friends; it doesn't happen very often!


Friday was a pupil free day, allowing kids to go to the Royal Adelaide Show. We had an early lunch to beat the crowds as soon as we got there, and watched the start of the Jack of All Trades event while we ate. Their task was to build a letterbox each but they had 30 minutes to do it, so we didn't hang around.



We all went on the ginormous Super Slide then the ferris wheel, at which point I decided this is the extent of my sense of adventure these days, and I'm glad the boys are too young to go on anything more scary! We got some good views, including a view of some of those scary rides, which you can click to enlarge.
(See the nice weather?)


Saturday is the coffee with Dad and lunch with Mum day, then the boys had a swim (not a lesson). Liam went all the way to the other side of the pool to get this ring for EJ, which they shared. Then Macca's for tea.



Sunday is swimming lesson day. Then we went to the Port Adelaide markets and a nice cafe down there for lunch. A few groceries on the way home. Dunno about the boys, but I was nearly asleep! We know how to cram some fun into a weekend :o) (I still managed to fit in several loads of washing, lots of tidying, and washing of floors, but I didn't photograph any of these exciting events).


Soon (now that we are nearly sorted and settled) I will start blogging about my house for all those who have asked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home