Monday, September 10, 2007

Where were you?




Where were you?

I was in hospital with Liam. He was about 21 months old and had bacterial pneumonia. I was pregnant (very slightly) and had parvovirus, but that’s not why I was in hospital, I was just staying with Liam. The nurse came in to check Liam in the middle of the night and told me “They’ve bombed the World Trade Center and the Whitehouse and the Pentagon!” OK, a slight exaggeration in the panic. I was still asleep and said “They can’t do that!” and got up and watched the news with the nurses. I don’t know who we thought “they” were.


3 Comments:

Blogger Erin (etc) said...

I was watching Sandra Sully on the late night news. Went to wake up Peter to tell him some idiot crashed into the WTC (were they blind?). Then another idiot crashed another plane into the WTC.

4:15 AM  
Blogger DadB said...

And Erin rang me, got me out of bed to say a plane had hit a NY skyscraper. I commented that a B25 once hit the Empire State and I'm sure it's a bad accident, and wondered why I'd been woken for an air crash. Turned on the TV to see the second one hit. I still have an SMS she sent a little after, "TWO PLANES JUST CRASHED INTO WORLD TRADE CENTRE BUILDING - POSS TERRORISM 11 PM"
Funny thing is for some time after I looked at the hometown landmark buildings differently and realised what an impact there would be if one or two disappeared suddenly.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Louise Burford said...

I was in Port Augusta and heard it on the radio. Kids were pretty upset about it.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home