Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bandages and Blimps

The swimming lessons were early this morning because EJ had a party to go to afterwards. I was bathing the boys after swimming when I suddenly got an excruciating pain in my wrist. The vein was huge and swollen and the area around it was red, and the pain was getting worse by the second! But soon enough it started to feel better and we took EJ to his friend's party.

Lucky I had Liam to look after me, because he thought I should go to the doctor even though I thought it was ok now. He even told the doctor "She has a big lump on her arm". While he was doing the 3P test* I said "It's probably nothing - I just want you to tell me it's not a clot". He said "That's what I'm looking for ... was it acute pain?" I refrained from saying "No, it wasn't cute, it was a freakin' ugly red and purple pain". Anyhoo it's just a burst blood vessel for now; there might be a clot but he can't tell for sure until the swelling goes down. I've had burst blood vessels before but not big painful ones! I'm not supposed to strain that arm, so I certainly didn't go straight home and lug a full basket of wet washing up to the clothesline, or move any bricks. I dare say the bandage will come off when I need to wash dishes.

Liam took this photo:


Then we went back to get EJ and he was having a great time. Batman had been to the party and made balloon animals for the kids. This is what all superheroes do on weekends.

We drove straight down to Parafield Airport, through the hot and windy dust storms, to check out this blimp which has been floating around the area for a while. It was parked miiiiiiiiiiiles away and behind a fence so I couldn't get a very good angle but here it is.


Now I'm doing more washing which I certainly won't carry out to the clothesline.....

PS: Liam got $1 from the Tooth Fairy!

*3P test: Poke, Prod, Peer.

UPDATE: Liam just lost another tooth! (That $1 was for tooth #1, now he's lost #2).

2 Comments:

Blogger DadB said...

Wow, your wrist blimped! Er, I didn't mean that you are blimp wristed...
The airfield has made it hard to get photos now they have security fences up to keep the yobbos who hang around overnight from getting in silly positions.
I will wait for a better offer from the Tooth Fairy before I go near any dentists...

10:58 PM  
Blogger DadB said...

Another tooth! I told him to hold on until he had renegotiated the financial aspects with the Tooth Fairy!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home