Monday, February 19, 2007

Faeries, Monsters and Dragons

The Tooth Fairy remembered to come to Liam for his second dollar last night. He was so impressed that it was a shiny new commemorative dollar!


¨*:·..·:*¨


Last night EJ couldn't sleep. There was a monster in his room. He showed me, it was standing in the middle of the room so it wasn't a shadow. EJ had his hands over his mouth, his eyes were bulging and his legs were shaking.

"It's green and it's tongue is out and it's holding a cup with a sad face and it's other hand is on the ground and it's FAT!" he said.

Ooooooooooh.... you mean this monster??
"YES!"

When I realised I saved it to my desktop so he could delete it. But he was still scared... "It's on the other computer!" That's where he had seen it. So I asked him to delete that one too but he hid in the corner of the kitchen while I did it. Understandable... we're all scary when we haven't had our coffee yet.

BUT

Now there's a new monster in EJ's room and it's not him. He's scared again.


¨*:·..·:*¨


This afternoon I saw a cloud that looked to me like a dragon. I called Liam out to see it and he could see a dragon too - "Coooooooooooooool!"

It wasn't until I started editing the photo for y'all to see that we realised we had completely different interpretations of the cloud dragon. The first pic is the cloud for you to interpret how you like (maybe even as a cloud!). The second pic has parts added so you can see what I was thinking. The third pic is Liam's version but he wanted to use tags as well as adding bits. And then of course, EJ had to do what everyone else was doing (there'll probably be a dragon in his room next). After all the studying and editing, I think Liam's interpretation is actually better than the dragon I originally saw.

Cloud Dragon:

My Dragon:

Liam's Dragon:

EJ's Dragon:

¨*:·..·:*¨

Update:
Erin's Dragon:

Erin has read this page and said "This is the dragon i saw b4 i scrolled":



Dad's Dragons:

3 Comments:

Blogger DadB said...

Strange Erin should say that. I saw the same, before I scrolled!
EJ - it's well known that bedroom monsters scare easily. You growl at them and they get out as fast as they can! And of course they are really scared if a kid touches them, they have to have their fur shaved off and a hose-down with very soapy water when they get home.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Erin (etc) said...

But that green monster has cute, fluffy slippers....
Rene ember when we used to trace the patterns in the lino? :P

1:52 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

LOL .. Yes Irene Ember that.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home