Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Here we are

We left Adelaide at 9am on Wednesday and eventually arrived, nearly 19 hours later, in San Francisco at 11am on the same day. We didn't even leave Sydney until 11.30!

We were very early to Adelaide airport but were able to check in our luggage straight away. Then we had breakfast, cleaned our teeth and played in the playroom.


The first flight was delayed because they had to repack the cargo so it was balanced. When we eventually left we could see Dad and Lachlan still in the terminal window.

Despite the delay, we still had plenty of time in Sydney. We collected our suitcases, took them on the train from domestic to international with the boys being very helpful, checked the cases in, got lunch, got a Sydney sticker, and hopped on the next plane for a 13 hour flight. I was 100% sure Liam couldn't sit still for that long and I was 99% wrong! The only trouble he had was when it was time to go to sleep but eventually he did; and EJ slept on both flights but woke me up every five minutes. :o|

During the flight they announced "The mealcart will proceed down the aisle," and EJ looked up and said "Meerkat??". Yes, there's a meerkat proceeding down the aisle of the plane.

Louise met us at SF but I think I was asleep. I showered, we looked around town a bit, I slept while Louise helped the boys decorate biscuits... or cookies since we're in America! Then we met Sean at work for dinner. Apparently they have nose-mining goblins in the garden there, as well as electric cars and a dinosaur stalking flamingos.


And now here we are! I need another nap, but Liam doesn't - it's not bedtime where he comes from...

1 Comments:

Blogger DadB said...

Glad you saw us at the window, I gave a long wave!
I wanna go to California!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home